Selection of invited talks/panel participation
- “It’s 2015: Do You Know Where Your Data Are?” – presented on September 2, 2015, for the Department of Psychology, College of the Liberal Arts, Penn State, University Park, PA.
- “Building and Sustaining Community Engagement around Repository Services” – presented on March 23, 2015, at University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, OR.
- “ScholarSphere” – presented on December 17, 2014, with Dan Coughlin, at Yale University Library, New Haven, CT.
- My “Alt-Ac” Path – presented on September 15, 2014, at the #Alt-Ac. Symposium, Center for American Literary Studies, Penn State, University Park, PA.
- “Data Curation and Data Curation Services in Libraries: An Overview” – presented on July 30, 2014, at the CLIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Seminar, Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA.
- “Data Curation Services in Libraries: A ^Suggested Primer” – presented on July 31, 2013, at the CLIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Seminar, Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA.
- “Empowering Researchers” – presented on January 26, 2013, for panel, “New Services in Research Libraries,” for Ninth Annual ARL Leadership Symposium, Seattle, WA.
- “Collaborating on Curation: the Start of a New Research Service” – presented on June 24, 2012, for panel, “Data Curation as a Form of Collaborative Research,” ALA Annual 2012, Anaheim, CA.
- “The ARL Guide to the NSF Data Sharing Policy: A Case Study” – presented on May 17, 2011, at National Taiwan University Library’s E-Science Research Workshop, Taipei, Taiwan.
- “Communication with Researchers, Or Bridge Building for Librarians and Researchers” – presented on May 17, 2011, at National Taiwan University Library’s E-Science Research Workshop, Taipei, Taiwan.
- “Digital Stewardship in the 21st-Century Library: The Penn State Experience” (with Michael Giarlo) – presented on January 7 at the 2011 ALA Midwinter Meeting, San Diego, CA.
Selected conference presentations and posters
- “Digital Scholarship in Action: Research” – moderated panel, on January 10, 2016, with Diane Jakacki, Paige Morgan, Laura Mandell, James O’Sullivan, and Katie Rawson, at the Modern Language Association Convention, Austin, TX.
- “What We Talk about When We Talk about DH: Interdisciplinary Vocabularies” – panel presentation on January 8, 2016, with Lisa Rhody (moderator), Wendy Hui Kyong Chun, Micki Kaufman, Laura Mandell, T-Kay Sangwand, and Annette Vee, at the Modern Language Association Convention, Austin, TX.
- “Data Management Plans as a Research Tool” – presented on October 27, 2015, with Amanda Whitmire and Brian Westra, at the Digital Library Federation Forum, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- “Hybrid and Fluid by Design: Collective Capacity Building for the Digital Humanities at Penn State” – co-authored with James O’Sullivan, presented on December 9, 2014, at the CNI Fall Meeting, Washington, DC.
- “Hacking User Experience in a Repository Service: ScholarSphere as a Case Study” – co-presented with Michael A. Tribone, on June 11, 2014, at the Open Repositories Conference, Helsinki, Finland.
- “Community-based Stewardship at Penn State” (presentation script)- co-presented with Mike Furlough and Ben Goldman, on March 30, 2014, at the CNI Spring Meeting, St. Louis, MO.
- “Building a Community of Practice: The Curation Architecture Prototype Services (CAPS) Project” – poster co-authored with Michelle Belden, Kevin Clair, Coughlin, Giarlo, and Linda Klimczyk, Open Repositories 2011.